Just patient.....

Reluctantly and with great regret I made the decision yesterday to stand down as candidate in the upcoming election.

There were many reasons for this and I won't go into them her or now but I daresay I'll come back to them all one day.

The next four weeks are going to be very difficult for me, but with my illness they were going to be anyway- I don't need to look for anything else.

So whilst my political colleagues- and I mean all of you, from all persausions- even the wrong ones and the very wrong ones *resists tempatation to specify* are out pounding the streets I will be working just as hard on something that I dare to suggest is just as important- myself.

Thanks to everyone who has contacted me to wish me well and whatever you are doing in the upcoming election I wish you well (unless you are a tory or a nat obviously!)