Putting It Into Words

I don’t usually blog when I’m feeling this way but I’m actually curious to see if I can put it into words.


I hate the word depression, it’s so easily flung about to describe the feeling elicited facing a long queue at the bank, the reason why someone is ‘on the sick’, the weather, the economy, even sometimes an actual mental illness.

I don’t think there is a word that suits just how bad I feel today- hopeless, genuinely, literally hopeless comes close.

Nothing specific has happened these last few days to make me feel this way- just life’s usual trials and ups and downs.

Life, coupled with a mental illness and a tweak in medication has effects on my mood that are astoundingly disproportionate.

It’s been a struggle even to cobble this blog entry together so I’m going to leave it there. Today I am depressed, very depressed and that makes for a very poor blogger…